Sunday, February 22, 2009

Uni-ball Jetstream 4&1 Multipen



Price: $15

Overview
: This pen works pretty much like any multipen. Push down any of the "clickers" of a colored stripe and you get the corresponding ink color; push down the clip and you get the pencil. To advance the lead on the pencil, you first push down the clip so that the pencil is selected, and then you push down the clip again until you feel a click. The barrel is plastic, with a rubber grip at the bottom, and the clip and point are metal. Like most multi-pens, this one is thicker than most pens. I'd estimate it as about 2 mm larger in diameter than your average pen. Personally, I did not find this to be a problem.

Pros:
- Very smooth ink flow
- Ink color is vibrant
- Pen design is very appealing, although due to the thickness, I wouldn't use it in a professional setting.
- The rubber grip is firm, but offers good traction.

Cons:
- Small eraser. Jetpens sells refills, but I'd just use an entirely separate eraser.
- Weight seems to be concentrated at the top of the pen.
- It took me some time to figure out how to refill the pencil lead. Jetpens has a good tutorial, but it still took me a good 30 minutes or so to get it. Then again, I did feel really stupid when I finally figured it out.

Overall: A good pen for students and casual business use. For $15, it's a little expensive but considering it will replace almost every other pen you own, I consider it a good value. I know I use mine every chance I get!

Rating: 9/10 awesome cakes

(yes, that's right - awesome cakes)


Signing out,

- Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment